...to the web pages of the QUASAR Group (Quantum Systems and advanced Accelerator Research).
As an internationally structured research group, we cover the development and experimental exploitation of particle accelerators.
Our present research activities include:
- Development of methods to decelerate and store very low energy antiproton beams;
- Detector development for medical imaging and dosimetry in particle beam cancer therapy;
- Studies into normal- and superconducting rf linear accelerators;
- Beam diagnostics and instrumentation R&D;
- R&D in opto-electronics and laser applications.
Prof. Dr. Carsten P. Welsch
Phone: +44 (0) 1925 86 43 52
Fax: +44 (0) 1925 86 40 37